This colorful rug will make any house feel like a home. A festive mix of stripes and tapestry crochet shapes will keep your hands and your eyes entertained.
Spring Stripe Rug
Designed by Universal Yarn Design Team
Fibra Natura Java (100% hemp; 100g/219 yds)
• 102 Hazelnut (MC) - 7 skeins
• 108 Golden Sun - (CC1) - 1 skein
• 111 Fossil Gray (CC2) - 1 skein
• 106 Desert Rose (CC3) - 1 skein
• 101 Parchment (CC4) - 2 skeins
• 109 Poppy Red (CC5) - 1 skein
• 105 Horizon Pink (CC6) - 1 skein
Hook: US Size F-5 (3.75 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
Notions: Tapestry needle
18 sts x 13 ½ rows = 4" in half double crochet
Save time, check your gauge.
Spring Stripes is worked entirely in half double crochet. The tapestry sections are worked in half double crochet. During these sections, crochet around the unused strands of the other colors in each row.
When switching colors, complete all but the last step of the stitch in the old color, then pull the new color through the last two loops on the hook to finish the stitch. Cut yarn for each stripe.
A post about this pattern can be found on our blog at this link.