Penguin Parade Pillow and Throw
Penguin Parade Pillow & Throw
Designed by Sandi Rosner
Pillow: 18" x 18"
Throw: 38" x 45"
Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted (100% wool; 100g/220 yds)
• 12257 White (MC) - 2 skeins Pillow, 4 skeins Throw (5 skeins for both pieces)
• 12276 Twilight (CC1) - 1 skein Pillow, 2 skeins Throw (3 skeins for both pieces)
• 12234 Flintstone (CC2) - 1 skein Pillow, 1 skein Throw (1 skein for both pieces)
• 91868 Vivid Blue (CC3) - 1 skein Pillow, 1 skein Throw (2 skeins for both pieces)
• 12280 Blue Chic (CC4) - 1 skein Pillow, 1 skein Throw (1 skein for both pieces)
Needles: US Size 6 (4 mm) 32" circular or size needed to obtain gauge
US Size 8 (5 mm) 32" circular (for Throw only) or size needed to obtain gauge
Extra US Size 6 (4 mm) for bind off (Pillow only)
Notions: Stitch marker, tapestry needle, 18" pillow form (Pillow only), 1 ½ yds lightweight fleece fabric for lining (Throw only), sewing needle and thread to match lining fabric
The Penguin pattern is worked in stranded-style colorwork. Carry the color not in use loosely across the wrong side of the work. The Throw is knit in the round with a steek. The steek is cut open, then the throw is lined with fleece fabric to cover the back side. Be sure to choose polyester fleece which will not ravel when cut, does not need to have the edges turned under, and has an elasticity that complements the knitted fabric.
The Penguin Parade Pillow & Throw are part of the Walk in the Woods e-book of eight patterns using the Deluxe family of yarns.
The Penguin Parade Pillow & Throw are also available as a single pattern download through Craftsy and Ravelry.